Taco Local - Panglima Polim

The sun is still out and
Me dont wanna go home...

Sooooo after me and my pops finished our meal at the 3 wise monkeys, I decided to introduce them to a another good food place. Taco Local.

I've been to Taco Local before. Great Mexican Food, warm and friendly staff.
Taco local is located in Panglima Polim just beside Mangia restaurant. It may be a bit hard to locate for a first timer, since the front door is quite small and easily miss-able.

--Nostalgia alert!!--

When I first wen there for the first time, I felt really awkward. Because when I stepped inside, no one really cared about me. So, I just sat on any empty table that could fit us. And when the menu card was provided, they also have one of the simplest menu card I've ever seen (piece of colored paper). but since the restaurant ambiance is quite homey and family business-kind-of-style, it is still acceptable for me.

My perception about this place changed after I received a friendly and warm serviced. When the waiter saw us confused about the menu, he kindly offered to help us decided on the menu. (can't be help because the food's name are all in other planet language (Mexican)). But after reading the menu again and again, I finally realized that most of the ingredients / fillings are the same, the different are only on the wrapper.

--Jump back to the present--

So in this second visit opportunity, my preference were

'Tacos - Elote' (Single - IDR 32,000)
in human language : Steamed and greased soft flour tortillas with Chipotle corn, frijoles, salsa fresca and verde, and guacomale


'Burittos - Pollo' (IDR 50,000)
in our language: Toasted and steamed flour tortillas with dirty rice, cummin chicken, salsa fresca, guacomale, and cheese


'Tostadas - Carmitas' (IDR 34,000)
Fried and stacked corn tortilla with grilled pork
*Woott Woot!!* Dish of the day!! Recommended!!*


And that's all for the review. Hope you guys enjoy it.

Happy Eating People! :)

Yen's Rating :
1. Food = 8.5 out of 10
2. Ambiance =  6 out of 10
3. Service = 9 out of 10
4. Price = 9 out of 10


Taco Local

Jl. Panglima Polim 5, No. 38, 

Melawai, Jakarta

Phone: (021) 94949538


Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday 10am - 10pm
                          Friday - Saturday 10am - 12am

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts